Sunday 24 August 2014

VICTOR MONTAGU AND BOYS



Alexander Victor Montagu (above), the late Earl of Sandwich, regularly had sex with his son Robert Montagu and with around 20 other young kids.

The sexual abuse of Robert Montagu began at the age of seven.

Robert Montagu has written about his experience in a memoir entitled A Humour Of Love, to be published by Quartet on 2 September 2014.

http://www.dailymail

 
Robert Montagu

Alexander Victor Edward Paulet Montagu, 1906 - 1995, was the 10th Earl of Sandwich, and was also known as Viscount Hinchingbrooke and as Victor Montagu.

He disclaimed his peerage in 1964.

For much of his career, he was the Conservative Member of Parliament for South Dorset.

He was a member of the Conservative Monday Club, which has been associated with child sexual abuse.


Victor Montagu, his wife Rosemary, and Robert's older siblings.

Robert Montagu says: "There’s a huge amount of shame and a huge will not to cause damage within your family.

"I wrote the first draft when I was 16 and I’ve probably done ten versions since then.

"I always intended it to be written as a novel but then I came to realise in the last three months it had to be done as a memoir.

"If you want the message to come across that people should be brave enough to speak out, you really have to put your name to it and write it with people’s names as they are."

"After all, as a therapist I spend my life advising people to tell what’s happened to them, and I can’t therefore continue to take cover under my own story and disguise it. It’s not an honest thing to do...

"I could lose all contact with my brother... It’s going to give him problems walking round the House of Lords and I sympathise with him but I’m afraid I can’t spare him... I’ve spared him for 55 years."


Jimmy Savile owned a flat in Dorset and reportedly abused a number of children in Dorset. Savile's string of victims in Dorset

Victor Montagu married Rosemary Peto who later divorced him.

She apparently preferred the company of women.

Victor Montagu then married a daughter of the Duke of Devonshire. Their marriage was later annulled.

Victor Montagu's abuse of Robert was discovered by one of Robert's sisters.

Robert was sent back to his boarding 'prep school'.

The family and the family doctor decided to keep things quiet.

Robert says: "I know personally of ten (victims) and I’ve spoken with most of those. 

"They were family friends, London contacts, Dorset contacts, holiday contacts.

"I suspect it might be 20, possibly more." 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.


Another Lord Montagu - Translate this page

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 26 August 2014 at 18:04 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been said that the Montagu family has Sephardi Jewish origins...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home